Sunday, March 7, 2010

Wonderful Sunday

Today has been a wonderful Sunday. We were blessed with a wonderful mass this morning and then were thrilled by a visit for the afternoon from our oldest son. Oh it warms a ma-ma's heart to have all of her men with her.

I also spent some time this afternoon crafting; part of which had to take place in the yard and I really enjoyed the spring-like weather. I am working on what will hopefully be the cutest Easter wreath to hang on the front door of the cottage. Our front door is just plain and white and really needs to soome fru-fru. And if the rain holds off, this wreath just may be on the front door by Tuesday morning. This would really be wonderful, for you see the antibellum home of our landlords that our cottage sits beside, will be on tour for our city's Spring Pilgrimage. Tuesday is the beginning of the tours that feature their house. I would really love to have that added touch for our cottage. I promise to post pictures with a tutorial on how I made it when it is finished.

And I must also mention that we have been celebrating a birthday this weekend, for our middle son turned 13th on Friday!! I can hardly believe it. I know they cannot stay little forever, but it sure is hard to watch your babies grow up so fast.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wondering if you were able to finish your wreath. Certainly hope so. Also, anxious to see it, so hurry and show us a picture.

Linton Cottage looks so sweet and homey, especially with daddy and sons playing in the beautiful snow surrounding it.

God bless,

Anonymous said...

i saw the egg wreath on cherryhill. is that the one you are doing.if so i would love to see it on my door.