Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Making a House a Home

Still unpacking boxes and my sweet husband was off work today and we started putting some things on the walls. Funny, in our last house, I never got anything on the walls. I guess I never really felt at home there, but in our house now, I feel at home. That is such a good feeling. I have my blue and white transferware plates on the wall above the table in the kitchen and a white wooden shadow box that my daddy made also on the wall. And I have my white fabric covered bulletin board above my desk in the den. The white looks so good with the brown walls of the den.

I also cleared out 2 boxes in my laundry area and got those things on the shelf above my washer and dryer. So good to have things where I can get to them when needed.

Now I can't wait to get everything else in order. I know it will take time, but I can't wait to all is in place. My favorite season of Autumn will be approaching soon and I am so looking forward to decorating. Yesterday while organizing my candles, I just had to remove my orange ones and will put them in a very accessable place. It never hurts to be prepared, right?

And plans are to start our homeschool lessons the beginning of September, so I have the month of August to finish our curriculum plan and to finish getting the house together.

And maybe soon I can post some pictures. Our camera has been with our oldest son in Colorado with a friend and his family for almost 2 weeks, but they headed back home this morning. We have missed him so much; however, we are glad he has been blessed with the opportunity to travel and have fun in the mountains rafting and hiking.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh you busy lady, still you make it sound fun, and even exciting.
I'm so happy that things are going so very good for your family, and that once again you feel safe.
God is so good.

jill said...

Robin,

I don't need pictures, you write about such cozy comforting things that I can envision just exactly how your home sweet home looks and feels.

Jill xoo