I feel like that tortoise trying to beat the hare at the race. Busy, busy and still so much to do before September. But I did make sweet pickles from cucumbers from my parents' small garden this week. It is my first time and I do hope they turn out good. Those things are just so delicious and they make a tuna or potato salad into a heavenly dish. Yep, I am a southern girl - sweet tea and sweet pickles. As a matter of fact I am finishing up a large sweet tea from McDonald's as a type this post. But I have to wonder; is McDonald's sweet tea as good up north as it is here in the deep south? I tend to think not; for I think they sweeten it themselves at each individual restaurant and I know that they pour on the sugar here around the southern end of the mighty river.
And is it hot enough for you? Every August I am reminded why I like the Fall so much. I just do not like to sweat. And I feel so blessed to have central air conditioning in this house. Even though I am doing without a dishwasher, but some things can be dealt with. I am finding more and more that if we count our blessings, then it becomes easier to deal with what we think we need, but do not have. And like fussing about getting wet in the rain the other day while loading and unloading groceries into and out of our SUV. At first I really wanted to dwelve into self-pity, but then I realized that I should feel blessed that my husband was capable and had a good job and was able to provide the money for me to buy groceries for my family, the groceries were accessable to me, we had a vehicle for me to go to the store and I was physically and mentally able to shop. But it was Wal-Mart that I was shopping at and well, that could go into a very long and whiney story in itself, but let's not go there.
And so, I continue to unpack and decorate, get ready for a yard sale and make plans for starting our schooling. And I also make plans for Autumn; and tell you that I am trying to rush it by making taco soup a couple of days ago. And did I tell you that the little boys and I saw Canadian Geese making their way down the Mississippi Flyway? See? I am not the only one getting ready.
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Oh,I love this up-beat post. I promise....you are gonna' get there, girl.
I love you,
Mom
I made chicken soup last week and planned two more soups for this week. I can't wait for fall, either. :)
Robin,
I have been enjoying Ginger Peach ice tea around here, love it in the summer when it's hot.
Yes, air condition is a true blessing. The dishwasher thing, I have one, but have not had one too and it seems much easier to wash dishes than to sweat!
We do not have a garage or car port, and it's funny I just got drenched while unloading grocerys on Saturday.
I can't wait to get the cookbook done! I am going to send you a signed copy when I get it back from the publisher.
I think you will like the recipes.
I wish we lived close by we could have our sales together. I am planning on late September to have a large yard sale. I need to get rid of some stuff.
Post a Comment