Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Too Hot

It is just too hot!! And where can the rain be? Last Friday we had some scattered showers, but they were just teasing us. The rain evaporated off the ground as fast as the sun could work. But it was for a nice few moments. The little boys and I were out for chicken nuggets and fries from McDonalds, books from the library and a few groceries from the market, when the showers were happening. I had the sun roof open on our Explorer and of course at the first spinkle they felt, they were asking me to close the top. However, I hushed their request by asking them to take the time to "feel" the light sprinkle and rejoice in the refreshing coolness it was offering.
And then little hands and faces were turned upwards to the sky to catch and enjoy the light summer shower - a blessing from our Father above to the crops in the field, the flowers on the lawn and to the upturned innocent faces and hands of two sweet boys.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Always teaching, this time of God's blessings.
What a wonderful person and mom you are.
I'm so proud of you.