This is our last weekend of summer break. Monday will be the first day of our new school year and I am ready to get more organized and in a regular rhythm. Some may say "schedule," but I have been reading lately of finding your family's rhythm and going with that. I like that word, "rhythm." To me, it means not a rigid schedule, that life will obviously get in the way of. It is a normal, comforting plan that will flow with our life. Yes, there are things that have to be done: school lessons, speech therapy, chores, but there are also fun things like picnics at the park,days at the library, field trips, baking together in the kitchen and holiday crafts, decorating and activities and refreshing and encouraging Mass and educational classes at the Basilica. However, all these things can occur naturally, with just a little attempt at getting them all at the right time and on the right days. I have just got to relax not get so tense when my OCD would love to take over and put our whole daily life on some sort of spreadsheet with graphs of our strengths and weaknesses; attempts and failures. This only causes stress and anxiety for all involved.
So a "rhythm" is my goal; finding the song of our life and dancing like no one is watching.
Friday, August 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Robin, I like the way you are thinking. I know that I am good at getting my panties in a wad when my scheduled plans go the opposite direction.
Thank you for giving me permission to not make schedules. I think to get into a {rhythm} will be much more fun and much less stressful.
LET'S DANCE....
Ah rhythm, isn't that a soft flowing word?
I believe that's a great plan and I think you will like it.
Post a Comment