Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Amazing Grace / Sunday Morning Storm

God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble.
Psalm 46:1


I try to share a scripture on Sunday's, "Amazing Grace," but we were hit with a
storm on Sunday morning and were without power until right after 9:00 last night.

I was tired and was not feeling my best so the little boys and I stayed home from church on Sunday morning. We have a new automated weather warning system here in our city and I received a call that our immediate area was in a thunderstorm warning, a storm that could contain strong winds and hail. So we kept an eye on things from our kitchen screen door. We started getting a little rain, but before we knew it the sky grew black, the wind picked up and I heard a roar above the thunder. I told the boys to get in the hall and I joined them as we heard heavy hail hitting the windows of our little cottage and the lights go dark. We never have received an official report that it was, but I know that it had to be a tornado. Trees, limbs and light poles were twisted off and one house just down the street from us was destroyed when a large tree fell through it. Just one look around and I knew, "Toto, we are not in Kansas anymore."

What I wanted to share with you was pictures of my potted flowers and porch that I worked on Saturday afternoon. However, I will share with you some pictures of our leaf covered front porch and limbs in our yard.







The amazing grace of this story is that we are all fine. It did take my husband almost an hour to get from one church to another because of fallen trees, but we survived and rest in all the blessings that God has bestowed upon us.

Now I must get the little boys and myself ready to go to the market to shop. We did lose some food in our refrigerator because of the power outage, but thankfully being able to buy more is just another one of those blessings.

I will try to post later this evening, because I do have a couple of other blessings that I want to share. And a surprise recipe that might come in handy for you when taking care of those precious spring and summer critters.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Toto, we are not in Kanas anymore. LOL.
Looking at those pictures was all too scary. Mercy!!
I'm so happy that there were no injuries, and that you all are safe.
Take care,