While returning some books to the library Wednesday afternoon, I spotted this wicker loveseat in front of a house at the curb. Could they be throwing this away? I returned home and when I told my husband, he said that he would go and check on it for me. There was no one home, but the neighbors were outside and gave my husband the name and number of the occupants. What he found out was that the house belongs to the brother of a friend of ours. We knew they lived downtown, but did not know exactly where. Sweet hubby contacted them and yes, it was to be thrown and away, and yes, we could have it. Even though space is tight, we hope that with a little work and a lot of TLC, this precious seat will find a home in our little cottage.
Friday, May 15, 2009
Look What I Found
While returning some books to the library Wednesday afternoon, I spotted this wicker loveseat in front of a house at the curb. Could they be throwing this away? I returned home and when I told my husband, he said that he would go and check on it for me. There was no one home, but the neighbors were outside and gave my husband the name and number of the occupants. What he found out was that the house belongs to the brother of a friend of ours. We knew they lived downtown, but did not know exactly where. Sweet hubby contacted them and yes, it was to be thrown and away, and yes, we could have it. Even though space is tight, we hope that with a little work and a lot of TLC, this precious seat will find a home in our little cottage.
Labels:
blessings,
Decorating
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Well, aren't you the lucky one. I love it,and with your talents you'll have it looking brand spanking new.
I look forward to seeing it, again, when you are done with this lovely seat.
Aren't you lucky!
I love those kind of finds.
I am sure you will find a lovely spot.
Jill xoo
Post a Comment