Still packing and still doing laundry. Trying to get covers I have used on the couches and chairs washed for our new place. Moved some things today and found out that I am definitely going to need a shelving unit for my kitchen. It is so sweet, but so small and I need room for the mixer, bread machine, baking pans and cake/cupcake/cookies decorating supplies. Thank goodness there are two doorways into the kitchen and I will close one off and probably make a cute curtain to hang there behind the shelving unit. I am so excited about what I have taken to the cottage and so excited about decorating. Will probably go tonight and look for the shelving unit and for a new push lawn mower. The grass is getting tall there and we do not have a mower of our own. And will give me the perfect opportunity to get some flowers. I also want to spray paint some flower pots I have placed on the front porch.
And I also need to make a draft catcher for our kitchen door. (Oh, I will have to try to match the fabric with the curtain I am going to hang, also need coordinating fabric for the windows in the kitchen - now I am getting really excited.) I realized today there is a gap in the bottom of the door and the floor and the screen door is not going to stop the draft or the critters. So it goes with an older cottage; I think it just adds to the character. Now, does anyone have any suggestions for a green/organic/safe insect repellant to spray along the bottom of the door. I want something safe to spray there along with the draft catcher.
Off to tend to the laundry and make plans to go the store!! And I think we are getting pasta tonight from a wonderful local Italian eatery!! Yummy!!!
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Girl, you must be about rested up from the office job, 'cause you sound full of excitement.
I love the idea of matching the draft catcher with the other kitchen fabric.
So much fun, so little time.
Robin,
Your kitchen sounds like mine. Our home was built in the twenty's and has no cabinet space and very little counter area too, but I love it just the same.
You might try peppermint oil along the door gap, most insects hate peppermint or borax, that too.
You can still by a box in the laundry section at the store.
It sounds like your making a lovely cozy home and getting ready for the Mississippi summer. Missouri has summer's similar, lot's of humidity. My soap even sweats!
Love to hear all your working on.
Jill xoo
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and your sweet comments. Isn't Kim (Dr. Sess) a sweetheart? I am sooooo behind in my blog reading and trying to catch up but life just keeps getting in my way:) I am off now to read and enjoy your blog.
Post a Comment