Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My week

This picture of Lucy and Ethel sums up my week. No, not eating and gathering all the chocolate I can, although that does sound good, it is the busyness and feeling I am falling behind in all that I need to do. From a surgeon's appointment Monday afternoon(and deciding to wait until April to have another mammogram after an abnormal one), to a last minute call to substitute teach on Monday, to getting last minute registrations and helping finalize details for our clergy spouse retreat this weekend, to a Ministers and family supper on Thursday, a birthday party for our youngest son to attend on Friday afternoon after school, to the retreat on Friday and Saturday and Sunday school and worship on Sunday. Not to mention making name tags for our rooms at the retreat center. ( I am thankful my mother has been here a couple of days to help me with those.) Needless to say I am so glad that there is no school for our children on Monday. I will need that day to just rest and then gear up for another week!

And oh, yesterday I did find the cutest little pink teddy bear with a pink and brown polka-dotted ribbon around its neck for our son to give to the little birthday girl. She is turning 8, but I do not know of any little girl who would not love it. I know I would. And the store that I purchased it also wrapped it for me in the cutest little brown bag with pink and brown tissue paper.

Speaking of brown and pink polka-dots, I will have to post a picture of the door name tags. Yes, they are done in pink and brown polka-dots. Pink and brown are two of my favorite colors. I am just so glad the group that is organizing our retreat decided to use these two colors. We are doing a retreat bible study called The Chocolate Boutique. Any one ever been a part of this study? I just know it will be wonderful. Could anything with the word "chocolate" in it be bad?
Chocolate and pink and brown. I can't wait!!

No comments: