Saturday, June 5, 2010

The True Saint Nicholas



This is a book I just finished reading and just had to share. It was on the shelf of "new" books at my library and I wish that it had been available for me to read earlier in my childrens' lives. But at the same time, I don't believe it would have made such an impact as it does now, that is, since I have become Roman Catholic and have discovered a love for the Saints.

It is written by William J. Bennett, the New York Times #1 Bestselling author, and author and editor of twenty books, including The Book of Virtues and The Children's Book of Virtues.

Inside the front cover is the following:

If you've ever been asked, "Who is Saint Nicholas?'...

If you've ever wondered if he is just a commercial invention...

If you've ever thought there is no such a person...

You may be surprised to know the true Saint Nicholas.

You'll never again think of Santa Clause in quite the same way.


My husband is also going to read it and I can't wait for us to start on our planning for our first St. Nicholas Feast Day Celebration on December 6th. I know it seems a long way off, but this site - www.stnicholascenter.org - can get anyone excited.

I am just so glad and feel so blessed that my husband and I were called to become Roman Catholic, to raise our youngest two children in the Catholic Faith and have the wonderful opportunity to strive to make our home a "Domestic Church."

No comments: