I am typing this post on my early birthday present. My sweet, sweet, wonderful husband surprised me with a new netbook!!! I love it!! It is perfect for me. Small and light-weight; I can carry it anywhere; therefore, enjoying free Wi-Fi at McDonald's and our library. Not to mention snuggling up in bed and visiting my favorite blogs.
I am busy at work trying to process and assemble end of the year payroll reports for our clients and trying to pack for our move. After working yesterday and mass this morning, this afternoon I am packing and we even moved a few boxes with hopes of moving some more before dark. We will not have electricity and water until next week, but have to be completely moved by this time next Sunday.
But I am getting excited. Even though this place is a lot smaller and may not have the new paint job that our present place does, our new place has character and a wonderful back yard with shade trees and a perfect place for little boys to play, picnics and I even have dreams of a small tea party with friends. I emptied several boxes today of things like my tea set, my white ceramic serving pieces and canister set, my blue and white transferware and it is already starting to look like home.
And we have also found out that a new sink and vanity have been ordered for our bathroom.
I can't wait to get all moved in and start decorating and sharing our new place with you - my sweet internet friends.
Sunday, January 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Hi Robin: good luck on the move, I do not know about being without water, I can live without electricity, but not water.
Its a hard time of the yearI am sure we all wish you and your family a safe transfer and easy transition, of your move.
I am a bit jealous you get to decorate, lucky girl.
Stay Safe.
Catherine
Robin, I have really been thinking of y'all today. I know that you're moving this weekend, and it is SNOWING, and with the temps. being in the thirty's, plus the high winds,OUCH.
I just want to say that I'm happy for you, because as hard as this move is, as diamondc said,YOU GET TO DECORATE, LUCKY GIRL.
Love to you,
Wow, what a nice gift!
Jill xoo
Post a Comment